Thursday, January 24, 2008

ps

unrelated to Ireland, but still worth posting:

via some blogs that I read on a regular basis, I discovered Jordan Matter's "Uncovered: Busting Out in the Big Apple". From his website:

"This is a collection of photographs featuring bare-breasted women in public around New York City... The informal and humorous nature of these images celebrates women without sexualizing or objectifying them, while creating the illusion of a tolerant world in which shirtless women go casually about their lives. Uncovered represents just one aspect of what America could look like if we were free of shame and liberated from moral judgment."

Other than that, let's let the photos do the talking:

http://www.jordanmatter.com/exhibits/default.asp?name=nudes

2 comments:

christopher higgs said...

I was "researching" this fine site you've posted, when your sister was out of the room, but then she walked back in and I had to scramble to explain myself. Thanks for getting me in trouble :)

Laura said...

sorry about that. surely my sister can't object to the celebration of women and liberation from shame?
;)