Friday, February 15, 2008

thank God for sunshine

#1 horses in a field a few minutes' walk from my apartment (there's a third horse, who was also lying down, but I couldn't fit him in this shot). the one on the right eyed me suspiciously when I first walked up, then heaved a sigh and laid down flat- out like her companion


#2 same field, view across to the houses (the river runs between the houses and the field, but you can't really tell)
#3 birds in flight over the river that runs along-side campus
#4 the path that runs along the edge of campus, beside the river. I walked to the end and back (it dead- ends at the canal)
#5 purty


















yesterday was beautiful, so I took the opportunity to walk around and take pictures.

then last night a couple of us went to a play-- "What Men Want"-- which turned out to be pretty funny. we sat near the front, and ended up being handed the biggest bottle of champagne I've ever seen in my life (by the main actor). it was called "Charlemagne", which I thought was hilarious. after the show we hung out in a pub where there was live music, which turned out to be really good-- kind of a Joan Jett vibe going on

tomorrow I'm off to the Aran Islands-- unfortunately it's supposed to rain (the sun was nice while it lasted...), but I'm hoping the beauty of the place will make up for the bad weather

also: http://www.someecards.com/ has some entertaining stuff (as brought to my attention by Carrie!)

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Those horsies (yes, that's right, horsies), are so cute! Are they connemaras? ;)