Thursday, May 8, 2008

going over to Blake's house

I was wrong. The ivy- colored castle with swans in front of it, pictured in one of my previous posts, was not Yeats' Keep-- it was Blake's house. it burned down in 1910, but today a couple of us took a walk to what remains.

#1 part of the exterior


#2 part of the interior. those stairs are the original stairs. I touched them. the two dogs joined us part way through our walk, and followed us the whole way to the castle-- then demanded that we play fetch with the big stick visible in front of the brown dog (whose name, according to his collar, is Fahy)
#3 part of what we think were the servants' quarters-- the building sits about 100 feet away from the 'main house' (castle)
#4 original fireplace-- picture it!
#5 on the walk back, I ducked into the woods beside the path-- and this is what I saw. We think the stones poking out in the center are part of an old well. these white flowers covered the ground. the first thought that popped into my head was, "it's like the world is wearing a wedding dress".

No comments: