Tuesday, April 29, 2008

procrastination +weird weather

so technically I should be studying models of Pain and Bereavement and Other Depressing Shit, but I've pretty much reached my boredom capacity for the evening. instead, I bring you my(pretty much failed) attempt to document the latest in Galway's bizarro-o weather: hail, at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. torrents of it. what was cool is that I could hear it start on one side of the roof, and slowly move across the house. it came from the east.

#1 look reaaaallllly closely. closer! there! in the gutter! you can see the hailstones piling up!
#2 view looking out of my bedroom's window, down onto our balcony below. that's not speckled stone-- those white dots are hail bits
#3 since I had my camera out in my room, I decided to take a picture. this is where I live. it's a 'realistic' image, because I didn't' straighten up at all before taking it. please note the book on the bed: "The Starter Wife". yes, it has come to this: shitty novels are what is keeping me going through exams period (but it's okay-- I didn't pay money for it). and actually, it's not all that bad. also, I don't drink nearly as much as the collection of bottles above my desk would suggest. lastly-- yes, I did paint that painting on the wall. thank you for asking.

No comments: