Monday, April 21, 2008

time in Galway

so. life right now consists of writing papers, applying for jobs in Boston, getting excited for this summer/going home, and trying to savor my last month here. I was going to write a long and rambling post exploring my thoughts on all sorts of topics, but instead I got hungry. so I'm going to leave it at these pictures for now, with the plan of coming back to ramble at a later date

#1 I've started taking lots of walks, which is made possible by... Kellogg's All- Bran Flakes! no, actually-- corporate sponsorship has not yet seized control of the weather; mother nature is still to thank for the fact that it doesn't rain quite as constantly any more. also, it stays light out until about 9:30pm. these sunset shots were taken sometime around 8 (just a week or so ago, it got dark around 8. now it's up to 9:30. apparently the sun stays up until 10:30 in the summer) on one of those aforementioned walks


#2 more sunset, through the gates of someone's house
#3 sunset over the horse pasture
#4 my new friend. I was just trying to take some pictures, but this lady came up and shoved her head over the barbed wire fence. she was quite demanding. we hung out for ten minutes or so (it took her about 3/4 of the to finally accept that I didn't have treats), just chatting and watching the sun. when I walked away, she followed me along the other side of the fence, whinnying. it made me feel loved.
#5 this past Friday, Jeannette and I set out on an adventure: we were in search of another castle, which was apparently home to Yeats for a while and is covered in ivy and very pretty. we never found the castle, but instead: we provided entertainment to these cows-- they were entranced by our presence along the road (don't be fooled by the white one on the left, who appears to be grazing nonchalantly-- s/he was actually staring at us just moments before I took this picture); we climbed a fence and walked around in the greenest woods I have ever seen-- everything just dripping with moss-- until we came across a tent and started having visions of every horror movie ever created, and decided to slip out of there, quietly; we wandered through a random housing development; we climbed through a gate (someone had conveniently ripped out one of the bars before we came) and wandered through someone's fields for a really long time, until we came to a creek and, after some searching, could find no way to get across; we climbed another gate and cut through some neighborhood before finding ourselves back on familiar ground. it was epic, and nice way to spend an afternoon (minus the 5 minutes of torrentially downpouring HAIL at the beginning of our adventure)

No comments: